Re: lilypond ChangeLog lilypond.words

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: lilypond ChangeLog lilypond.words
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 13:11:32 +0300 (EET DST)

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Juergen Reuter wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Heikki Johannes Junes wrote:

> > Log message:
> >     added words for chant notation
>
> Thanks a lot!  I will try to remember giving you a notification and/or
> (as you prefer) changing lilypond.words myself next time.
>
> Greetings,
> Juergen

You can add new and remove old words to lilypond.words yourself. This
file is used in Emacs for proofreading the code by fontifying. The words
are also used in autocompletion. The file was introduced so that the
same file could be used in various editors (emacs, vim).

This file should contain words which are included in LilyPond by default.
The words are ordered alphabetically through "sort lilypond.words".
Words which an user defines, should not be in the file, since they are
fontified differently.

I have added words every now and then, as they come across. I encourage
everybody to do it. Especially, if the words which become obsolete, they
should be removed from the list. I am not sure which words have become
obsolete, so, at some point somebody could just take a look at the list
and remove those words. Obsolete words could still be recognized by
LilyPond-compiler, but the user would have a hint that they should
gradually shift to the new syntax, which would also be fontified right.

Greetings,

  Heikki