Re: Solved? guile 1.6 problem building debian package of 1.7.16

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Solved? guile 1.6 problem building debian package of 1.7.16
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 22:26:53 -0700

Graham Percival wrote:

On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 04:35:06 -0700
Paul Scott <address@hidden> wrote:
Nothing I tried got debuild to get past that exact same error but doing the regular configure, make sequence gave me a working 1.7.16. My main

I bet that it gave you a working binary of 1.7.16, but "make web-doc" produces
that error

I guessed I had a working binary several times but didn't take the time to discover how to get the 'make' process pick from there to finish the Debian package build.

.
The error was in building the fonts. mftrace builds Type1 fonts from metafonts. Those are needed for printing and display. Of course some of these may also be used for the documentation.

The debian build process tries to build the docs as well as the
binary.  ("make all" only makes the binary, not the docs)

That may be but I haven't found the docs yet. They are not where 'apt-get install lilypond-doc' would have put them.

However, thanks to Jan, we know what's happening.

Yes!

Have fun,

Paul