Re: Solved? guile 1.6 problem building debian package of 1.7.16

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Solved? guile 1.6 problem building debian package of 1.7.16
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:07:40 +0200

I forgot that you received the error message in the middle of the
building process. The rules for building a Debian package probably
assume that you have mftrace installed so the font files can be built
from source. It's always a bit tricky to intervene with a make process
but it's probably sufficient to copy all the .pfa and .map files that
you downloaded also to the lilypond-x.x.xx/mf/out/ directory.
You should have an installation structure below
lilypond-x.x.xx/share/lilypond/ which just contains soft links to
different directories. It may help to also run
texhash lilypond-x.x.xx/share/lilypond/

   /Mats

Paul Scott wrote:
Paul Scott wrote:

Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Popular question today! Please see
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2003-04/msg00113.html

Thank you.

I have done that and I am trying the build again which will take a while. I am wondering how the make will know where those files are?

Indeed the question was appropriate. I followed the instructions but the build failed the same way since the instructions don't tell how the font location is given to the make process. Is is by defining $LILYPONDSHARE ?

Thanks,

Paul

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing