Re: Lilypond 2.0.1 built ok for FreeBSD 4.0 w/gcc 2.95.2

From: Patrick Atamaniuk
Subject: Re: Lilypond 2.0.1 built ok for FreeBSD 4.0 w/gcc 2.95.2
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 16:53:08 +0100

R. D. Davis(address@hidden)@2003.11.19 22:59:56 +0000:
> Actually, I'm going to have to install it on partition other than
> /usr, due to space limitations, so installing from ports may not be a
> good idea for me anyway.  It's always been my preference to intall

I do the same followint way:
 e.g. you want gcc33 at /opt/compilers/gcc33 just use the PREFIX
environment while building through the port
- or use --prefix=xxx option of configure directly. Same applies to lilypond.

> software from sources rather than ports or packages when possible,
> since I get a better feel for the software and know what's what and
> what's where... but then, perhaps that's just what I got used to
> before ports and packages existed in the land of UNIX. :-)

:) absolutely no objections here :)

> I don't think that I had autotrace installed, so, that's probably
> one thing that was causing a problem.  As soon as I get ImageMagick
> working (or reload the old version from the BSD 4.0 CD-ROM), I'll
> install that (v0.31.1).

:) thats the advantage of ports.

> Ok, now there's a curiosity: two different version of kpathsea... I'll
> have to investigate.

have a look if you installed tex and teTex concurrently. that most
probably won't work.

> :-), I'll try the most recent stable version of the port, but will
> need to apply the patches manually by running patch on the necessary
> files.
Thanks very much.

--
regards,