Re: Simpler lyric notation

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Simpler lyric notation
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:26:13 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> > No, what you're seeing is legacy stuff. If you're willing to spend
> > some time coding, I'll gladly take on patches that fix this.
>
> If you can give me some pointers, I will. Since I don't know Python,
> barely know C++ (but I know C very well) nor Scheme (but I know elisp
> quite well) I may be a bit slow, but I'm happy to learn.

I'm happy to teach, just drop a mail if you don't understand things. I
hope you grok our use of C++ classes.

> Where should I start looking? I've got lilypond CVS checked out and built.

The lyrics and __ come together in Lyric_phrasing_engraver. If you can
figure out how it works currently, then you could try to make it
notice hyphens. Then you can add logic to create extender spanners
(currently done in Extender_engraver) if necessary in this engraver.

> BTW, web page typo:
>
>  "Python code should be idented" --> "indented" (standards.html)
>
> Also in localization.html:
>
> agrammatical -> ungrammatical
>
>  So, iso
>
>           _ ("Stem at ") + moment.str () + _(" doen't fit in beam")
>
> iso -> instead of
>
> doen't -> doesn't

thanks!