Re: makefile changes for lilypond shared lib

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: makefile changes for lilypond shared lib
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 12:48:41 +0200

Nicolas Sceaux writes:

> The attached patch might give a start. "libtoolize --force --copy" has
> to be run in order to update the config.guess, config.sub and
> ltmain.sh files. Also, a libtool.m4 should be copied in stepmake/.

I've taken care of this and made a fix for midi.so.

> I have not looked at install rules.  Beware, I'm a complete newbie
> with libtool.

Me neither, me too, but that shouldn't matter too much.

I've opened a branch: lilypond_2_3_5b to see if we can get all
problems sorted out before breaking HEAD.

Other things that should be fixed:

  * all files get compiled twice
  * flower should become libflower-xyz.so
  * lily should become liblily-xyz.so
    - possibly more than one lib: lyparser, lily, gui/pango
  * main should be factored out
  * doesn't link with PANGO CVS

Jan.