notation.itely: pipe example fails to build

From: Graham Percival
Subject: notation.itely: pipe example fails to build
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 09:40:50 -0700

This example fails to build, but AFAIK the actual pipeSymbol
stuff is fine.  If I delete everything before the pipeSymbol (including
the { ), it works. But if I leave anything in front of it like #(set! or \paper {}, it fails. I can't figure out how to fix this -- or rather, I can
figure out how to fix this file (delete almost everything), but I'm
not certain how to fix the portion of the manual:

-----
@lilypond[quote,fragment,raggedright,verbatim]
pipeSymbol = \bar "||"

{ c'2 c' | c'2 c }
@end lilypond
----
This example produces:
----
%% Generated by lilypond-book
#(set! toplevel-score-handler ly:parser-print-score)
#(set! toplevel-music-handler (lambda (p m)
                               (ly:parser-print-score
                                p (ly:music-scorify m p))
                            ))

\bookpaper {