lilypond-book status

From: Graham Percival
Subject: lilypond-book status
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 10:20:22 -0700

On 22-Sep-04, at 1:49 AM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:

Has anyone tried lilypond-book with LaTeX recently?
We have often had bugs there in the major releases.

I've been using lily-book, and there's two major issues IMO:

1) Is raggedbottom supposed to work with lilypond-book? So far I haven't been able to make it work, but I confess I haven't spent a lot of time investigating it.

2) Metronome mark padding problems. (perhaps this is just an OSX issue)

save the two files:
------foo.ly
\score {
  \relative c'''{
    \tempo 4=80
    \repeat unfold 6 {c4 c c c  c c c c  c c c c  c c c c \break }
  }
  \paper {
    \context { \Score \override MetronomeMark #'padding = #16.0 }
    \context{ \Staff minimumVerticalExtent = #'(-6 . 6) }
  }
}
--------------
----bar.lytex
\documentclass[letterpaper]{article}
\begin{document}
\lilypondfile{foo.ly}
\end{document}
---------

lilypond foo.ly
%% produces expected output. Huge space between MetronomeMark and the first line of staff

lilypond-book bar.lytex; latex bar.tex (etc...)
%% there's a huge space between the first line of the staff and the second line. No extra space between first line of staff and MetronomeMark, but the stem of MetronomeMark is raised.

I've got an example of this (produced from an earlier file) at
http://www.sfu.ca/~gperciva/foo.pdf
(it has some extra text at the beginning of the lytex, but that's nothing major)

Apart from that, lilypond-book looks great!