Re: Documentation enhancements

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Documentation enhancements
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 00:15:42 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> > 2. To add lyrics to music two methods are supplied; the 'addlyrics' and
> > 'lyricsto'. I could find the difference between those two methods; so
> > it is
> > not clear to me when to use the one and when the other.
>
> Me neither.  :)    I'm still hoping that somebody who uses lyrics can
> help

  A \addlyrics B

is a convenience wrapper for

  \context Voice = bla A
  \lyricsto "bla" \lyricsmode \new Lyicss {

so, for simple cases,  \addlyrics should be used, for flexibility
\lyricsto.

Note that 2.0 and earlier also had a different \addlyrics (which has
since been renamed to \oldaddlyrics). This is deprecated (and for that
reason no longer documented.)