Re: battle-plan for 2.5 development

From: Pedro Kroger
Subject: Re: battle-plan for 2.5 development
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 00:03:17 -0200

> My target for LilyPond is that it becomes the tool of choice for
> high-quality engraving, both for professionals and amateurs. More
> concretely spoken: to take the leading position in this area from
> SCORE, Finale and Sibelius.

that's really great. I can't tell how happy I'm to hear that.

About the website, I'd probably go with plone. I'm by no means a web
guru but I have some (not very pleasant) experience with PHP driven
sites in the past. Besides, plone is written in and extensible in
python, one of the languages of choice in LilyPond development.

Things I want to do:

I want to help with the gnome backend. I have some gui programming
experience (delphi in another life, tcl/tk in the past, and gtk+python
recently). I already started to hack the files and will post
questions/suggestions/code soon.

I'm writing an article showing off lilypond. The idea is to show cool
things that are easy to do with lilypond and not so easy (or even very
difficult) with GUI programs like finale and such. I'm planning to
submit it to linux journal but I'll post it on lilypond-hackers first.

Last but not least I'd like to contribute with more code and implement
more features than the short hacks I've been doing.

Pedro