mutopia books as a (symbolic) funding source for Lilypond?

From: Mark Van den Borre
Subject: mutopia books as a (symbolic) funding source for Lilypond?
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:27:08 +0100

Hi,

What if Mutopia used a print-on-demand service like lulu.com to sell
printed copies of part of the archive? We could thank the Lilypond
developers by donating any tiny income derived from that to Lilypond.
I'm sure the Lilypond would be able to do something useful with it.

I can see at least a few musicians who would preferably order Mutopia
books for their students if they had the possibility.

This might also benefit us Mutopia developers. It could encourage us to
work towards complete high quality collections, like the Chopin idea
that seems to be taking off.

A really elegant way of furthering both Lilypond and Mutopia? Or just a
plain bad idea?

Mark

P.S. Lulu.com is an initiative of Bob Young, RedHat co-founder...
--
Mark Van den Borre
Noormannenstraat 113