Re: FretDiagrams Architecture

From: Giancarlo Niccolai
Subject: Re: FretDiagrams Architecture
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 13:15:45 +0100

Alle 04:17, domenica 21 novembre 2004, Carl Sorensen ha scritto:

> In working on this, I discovered another way to handle different fret
> diagrams for the same chord.  ChordNames ignores the octave of the
> Chord, but chordmode keeps the octave.  That means that we can access
> different fret diagrams for a D chord by changing the octave, i.e.
>
> mychords = \chordmode { d d,}
>
> <<
>       \ChordNames {\mychords}
>         \FretDiagrams {\mychords}

Uhm, since you are working on the chords: is there any possibility to have
chord names also in other languages? I.e. Am in italian is LAm, Bsus4 is
SIsus4 (only the note name changes, the chord system is the same all over the
world); As there is an include to change note name, it may be sensible to
provide internationalized chord names. I haven't looked at the code yet, but
it seems that engraved chord names are just a font rendering operation, and
so having them internationalized should be trivial.

(Sorry, if I bomb you with mail and questions, but is important to me to get a
grasp on the internal features of an engine to start working at it. I always
do lots of questions and document peeking before starting putting my hands on
a problem).

Giancarlo.