Re: convert-ly doesn't convert figured bass

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: convert-ly doesn't convert figured bass
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:02:53 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> And it isn't at all clear to me what the changes to figured bass
> between 1.6 and 2.4 have accomplished.  It doesn't sound like any
> reader of the list has entered a whole sonata (or even a movement) in
> the new syntax.  I don't see a way to do it without entering a lot of
> redundant information that has to be proofread.  And I did enter 3
> sonatas in the old syntax.

\figures has been renamed to \figuremode. The change of chord syntax
(during 1.8 and 2.0) cause convert-ly to do the Wrong Thing;

  \figures { <6 4> }

should be

  \figuresmode { <6 4> }

and not

  \figuresmode { <<6 4>> }

I can't recall any further changes to the syntax, which raises the
question with me how much effort you have put into reading the NEWS
file.