Re: Patch: tie-ing enharmonic variants

From: Kilian A. Foth
Subject: Re: Patch: tie-ing enharmonic variants
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 09:37:23 +0100

Mats Bengtsson writes:
 > For tie directions, take a look at the list of predefined commands at
 > http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.4/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Ties.html#Ties
 > I think you can guess from the name, which command to use to direct it
 > upwards or downwards, respectively.

The problem is not to get the tie above or below the note heads - it
is that all ties are assumed to be horizontal, when actually this tie
should slope very slightly because a flat is half a line above g
sharp. I didn't do anything about that in my patch because I could not
find out where that assumption is hardcoded. Perhaps the Tie class
would need additional code to position the tie endings, like the Slur
class does?

--
Kilian Foth                                    Phone +49 40 42883-2518
AB NATS, FB Informatik                         Fax   +49 40 42883-2515