Re: Patch: tie-ing enharmonic variants

From: Kilian A. Foth
Subject: Re: Patch: tie-ing enharmonic variants
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 09:34:55 +0100

Han-Wen Nienhuys writes:
 > address@hidden writes:
 > [...]
 > >
 > > This changes tie-ing behaviour so that not the exact pitch property
 > > of two candidate notes is compared, but the normalized chromatic
 > > pitch.  (The old behaviour can, of course, be produced by not using
 > > ~ in the first place.)
 >
 > Does this actually work? IIRC, the Tie code is hard-wired to assume
 > that ties are always horizontal.

You're right, the tie is still horizontal, i.e. it will end half a
line too low or too high (I lack the expertise to change tie direction
as well). It still looks rather good to me - way better than the
alternative (tieing to an invisible note of the appropriate pitch)
because that would let the tie end much too soon.

--
Kilian Foth                                    Phone +49 40 42883-2518
AB NATS, FB Informatik                         Fax   +49 40 42883-2515