Colours

From: Bernard Hurley
Subject: Colours
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 22:41:25 +0100

I am converting the colour (sorry for the British spelling!) codes
in  /etc/X11/rgb.txt, distributed with XFree86, into the format in
scm/output-lib.scm. This is for my own use so that I can say things
like:

        \override Staff.StaffSymbol #'color = #AliceBlue

All the multi-word colours have single-word equivalents so I can include
all of them. The only name in both files that does not represent the
same colour is "grey", which is slightly lighter in rgb.txt.

It would be possible to supply a patch for output-lib.scm to include
these names so:

1) Would you want it?
2) If so what version of "grey" do you want?
3) What are the licencing implications since XFree86 is not GPL?

/Bernard