Approve LilyPond Uniform Type Identifier?

From: Ed Baskerville
Subject: Approve LilyPond Uniform Type Identifier?
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 23:54:54 -0700

Hi all,

I just wrote a simple Mac OS X Spotlight metadata importer for LilyPond (posted to the lilypond-user list). Mac OS X uses a new way of identifying file types--they call it the Uniform Type Identifier-- and I needed to pick one for LilyPond files.

My question: can the core Lily developers officially bless the type "org.lilypond.lilypond-source" as the official UTI for LilyPond source files? Or pick a better one?

For more info on UTIs, see:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/ understanding_utis/index.html

Thanks,
Ed