Re: setting a text font

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: setting a text font
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 00:34:22 -0700

On 5-Aug-05, at 1:19 AM, Colin Wilding wrote:

I am using 2.6.1 in Windows, and I have noticed that you need to refer
to fonts by their file names, not by the names that are normally used
to select them in other programmes.  The file names can be found by
looking in the Fonts folder.  For example, for 'Courier New' use
'COUR' because the file is 'COUR.TTF' (I'm not sure if the names are
case sensitive).

'Verdana' works because the file is 'Verdana.ttf'.

I suggest that this feature be documented because Windows users would
normally expect to use the full font names and not the file names.

Is this the expected behavior?  I haven't really played with font names,
but a quick glance through the font docs suggests that this is false. Could
this be a windows packaging issue, rather than a general lilypond
design/documentation issue?