Re: \RemoveEmptyStaffContext doesn't work anymore

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: \RemoveEmptyStaffContext doesn't work anymore
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 11:29:02 +0200

Mats Bengtsson <address@hidden> writes:

> Please guys, don't spread false rumours!
> Both R1 and s1 and \skip 1 are handled exactly the same by
> \RemoveEmptyStaffContext.

oh my bad, you're right. I mixed with another problem (also linked to
removing/adding staves) that I faced recently where \skip 1 and s1 are
not handled the same:

\version "2.7.5"
\score {
  <<
    %% This one does not work as you'd expect:
    { s1*2           % using s1, the staff is created from the beginning
      \new Staff {   % and here an other staff is created
        \set Staff.alignAboveContext = "middleStaff"
        g'1
      }
    }
    \context Staff = "middleStaff" {
      e'1 \break
      e'1 \break
      e'1
    }
    %% This one works as you'd expect:
    { \skip 1*2       % using \skip, no staff is created at the beginning
      \new Staff {    % only there is a staff created
        \set Staff.alignBelowContext = "middleStaff"
        c'1
      }
    }

  \layout { raggedright = ##t }