Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog Documentation/user/music-g...

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: lilypond ./ChangeLog Documentation/user/music-g...
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:17:56 +0200

Graham Percival wrote:
1) is #up likely to stop working in the future? It works now, so evidently there's
a lowercase to uppercase translation happening somewhere.
2) would it be faster to process #UP instead of #up (ie avoiding that translation) ?

If it would be slightly faster, then I'd say that we should change the definitions in ly/* , but we should leave the input/* snippets (ie the user-viewed stuff)
alone.  #up is easier to type than #UP.  :)

actually, the point is that "up" is in style for \up, while UP is in style for #UP. We try to use upcase for global constants in Scheme.