Re: Lilypond and Emacs mode for Emacs 22

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: Re: Lilypond and Emacs mode for Emacs 22
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 01:00:29 +0200

On 12/10/05, Heikki Johannes Junes <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 21:42:37 +0200 Jan Buchal <address@hidden> wrote:
Seems like 21.4 is the current stable release, and I have not used CVS Emacs.
Therefore, patches for LilyPond's Emacs files are welcome. The type of changes
needed becomes evident from the error messages which appear during loading of
the LilyPond mode in Emacs. One should also make sure that the functionality
which works now with the current stable 21.4 (and probably with some earlier
versions ?) will not break.

Yes, I'd also like to see support for Emacs 22. I only just started using Emacs, so I'm not used to the type of problems that occurs. When compiling lilypond-mode you get a bunch of warnings about referencing free variables. These should be benign, right? Also a warning about the function compile-internal being replaced by compilation-start. However when Emacs tries to load the elc file it failes with "byte-code: End of file during parsing". I guess this indicates that something more serious is wrong. So what would be a good approach to debugging this?

--
Sven Axelsson