Re: Vocal music and beaming

From: Marco Gusy
Subject: Re: Vocal music and beaming
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 16:27:13 +0100

Alle 13:09, giovedì 23 marzo 2006, Mats Bengtsson ha scritto:
> My point is that if you want LilyPond to break a beam whenever there is
> a new
> syllable, then it has to know how long each syllable is. If you use
> \lyricsto, then
> LilyPond figures out the duration of each syllable based on information
> in a
> music voice

But in 2.8 changelog there is "Melismata can be specified simply in the lyrics
now, eg."
Look for this text in
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.8/Documentation/topdocs/NEWS.html

As you can see there already are automatic music modifications given by lyrics
commands. So the lyrics context already can modify the score...

> are any melismas. If you want the beaming to be determined based on the
> syllables,
> then LilyPond needs some other method to figure out the duration of each
> syllable.
> How do you want that to work?

The same like actual /lyricsto, with the addition of the beaming! It would be
great

Marco