Re: implementation plan for music streams

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: implementation plan for music streams
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:08:07 +0200

Erik Sandberg schreef:
Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Here's a new revision of the dispatcher system. Known issues: - Some trivial changes should be done to other files, e.g. lily.scm and lily-proto.hh. - I added the unique_ member to Context. It's just an int that's supposed to be unique for each context. unique might not be the best name; suggestios for better names are welcome.

The bubble sorts are just a primitive implementation of a priority queue. The queue typically has two elements (the height of the event-class tree), so I felt that using pure C and simple bubble-sort would be the most efficient way to do it. The main reason for C is that the stack is used for memory allocation; I suspect this would be much slower in guile due to GC.

ok, then please add a comment to the code, explain your choice briefly.

I have changed the definition to:
IMPLEMENT_LISTENER (Scm_listener, listener, (Stream_event *ev))
{
}

Your suggestion doesn't work well because of some magic inside the macro.

Can't you rename method() to method_wrapped() ?

LY_DEFINE (ly_make_listener, "ly:make-listener",
scm-listener-scheme.cc

Scm_listener is only intended to be used locally by that function; splitting the file into two modules would feel artificial/meaningless.

no, just do it.

Can you take the above comments into consideration, and test whether "make web" still works, and then commit?

Thanks.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com