Re: make web fails

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: make web fails
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 22:57:59 +0200

On Thursday 01 June 2006 22:09, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Han-Wen Nienhuys schreef:
> > Erik Sandberg schreef:
> >> [forgot to cc list]
> >>
> >> OK, I could try to make GUB work locally here. What's the first step?
> >>
> >> Hm, I guess that will take some time though. Is it OK if I commit
> >> stuff before I make it work?
> >
> > Don't commit stuff that doesn't work.

It seems to work equally well as CVS HEAD, so it doesn't break anything (it's
just that I hack code all the time, and I don't like to have too big or many
development forks active at the same time). The code doesn't have gs problem,
it's likely my gs installation that has problems.

FWIW, my previous patch for CreateContext has grown over time, and now
contains implementations of RemoveContext, ChangeContext and Prepare events
as well, and my parser patch has also grown considerably. I think it would be
much easier for me to develop if I could commit _some_ stuff before I get GUB
running (e.g., it would be good if I could commit fixes for some of the
issues you brought up below).

> > However if there is one file that
> > has a GS issue, just comment that out and check if the rest woks.

The error happens in the lilypond.dvi->pdf conversion, so it's difficult to
know exactly where it happens.

> > However, there is already a backlog of open issues, seemingly related to
> > some of your patches. Can you review
> >
> >   http://muurbloem.xs4all.nl:8081/~lilytest/webdoc/v2.9.7/v2.8.4.html

that's a very very cool thing, btw.

> actually, never mind that; this thing has apparently been overwritten
> with a newer but broken version. Can you review
>
> - numbering of percent repeats
oops, my misunderstanding (I thought the first percent was supposed to be 1)
> - vertical spacing  tweaks (already reported this earlier)
ah, I didn't see those errors because I had broken \break as well.
> - lily-1888277513.ly
> - auto-beam-tuplets.ly
> - alignment-vertical-spacing.ly
> - lily-822145481.ly