Re: make web fails

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: make web fails
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 14:40:41 +0200

Erik Sandberg schreef:
It seems to work equally well as CVS HEAD, so it doesn't break anything (it's just that I hack code all the time, and I don't like to have too big or many development forks active at the same time). The code doesn't have gs problem, it's likely my gs installation that has problems.

FWIW, my previous patch for CreateContext has grown over time, and now contains implementations of RemoveContext, ChangeContext and Prepare events as well, and my parser patch has also grown considerably. I think it would be much easier for me to develop if I could commit _some_ stuff before I get GUB running (e.g., it would be good if I could commit fixes for some of the issues you brought up below).

I understand that keeping several branches in the air is a pain, especially because CVS makes it so awkward. However, it's something that should be solved on your side of the fence. I don't mind working together on a technical solution that makes it easier for you to have more branches, but keeping HEAD in working order is more important, and part of that is to make sure that we don't introduce new problems, and fix old problems before adding new stuff.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com