Re: Staff.instr code change?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Staff.instr code change?
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 15:30:34 +0200

Kieren MacMillan schreef:
Hello, all --

Per the thread on the user list... Has the code for Staff.instr changed between 2.6 and 2.8 -- specifically, \set Staff.instr does not appear to work after the music has begun, e.g.

    \relative
    {
        \set Staff.instr = "one"
         c d e f g
        \set Staff.instr = "two"
        a b c d ...
    }

will always show "one" as the instr.

In the chamber opera I'm frantically trying to finish and engrave [ =) ] , I definitely need the ability for my flute player to take piccolo, clarinet to take b.cl., violin to take viola, etc., and for the score to display the correct instr.

Yes, this has been changed. The instrument name is now spanner - which makes interactions with braces and brackets at the system start simpler.

What is the best workaround or fix for this issue?

Probably the best way is to modify instrument-name-engraver.cc to start a new InstrumentName if the instr property changed from a previous value. I can do it as a sponsored feature too.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com