Re: Documentation - Section 9 Changing Defaults

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Documentation - Section 9 Changing Defaults
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:46:25 -0700

On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 09:48:26 +0100
"Anthony Youngman" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've just checked - the 2.9.9 manual (I was using 2.9.7) and it's
> still wrong.
>
> Looking at the pdf ... section 9, p195 (page 205 as per acrobat).
> Second para, http ref on the penultimate line, says 2.8 and the
> tooltip giving the link also says 2.8

This would be why I asked you where the problem was... and why should
should be as specific as possible.  I thought you were talking about
the documentation main HMTL page, so I wasted time checking that and
then asking you what you meant.

I'm really not certain how to fix this; it involves messing around in
the macros or makefiles or something like that.  I know that when 2.10
is released, it will automagically point to 2.10 instead of 2.8, so I'm
not too concerned about this.  Again, I wouldn't reject a patch that
fixed this, but I'm not going to look into it more myself.