RE: Documentation - first impressions of the latest manual

From: Anthony Youngman
Subject: RE: Documentation - first impressions of the latest manual
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:45:51 +0100

I hate to say it, but that comment sounds like "don't bother reporting
bugs unless you can fix them". That's not the Open Source way ...

And it looks like the problem is a lot deeper ...

Section 7.3.3 Hyphens and Extenders says that hyphens are controlled by
'minimum-distance' and 'minimum-length'. I'm guessing these are
reasonably new...

The reason I guess that is that I've taken a look at "collated files"
and it has a different example ... I thought "collated files" was
supposed to be a bunch of regression tests, and IT'S broken!

So I guess what I'm saying is "it looks like a new feature has busted a
load of regression tests and examples, and no-one has noticed". My
personal count is now "two distinct examples, one of them duplicated"
and there could quite well be more.

So I guess it's up to the lyrics guys to fix it, unless I try and put
hyphens into "Penn-syl-va-nia six five thou-sand" (which is actually how
it's normally written, I think) which will teach me how to fix the
problem.

There's also the little matter of the examples are supposed to be
"here's how to put a hyphen into lyrics text" and if I fix them, I'll be
turning them into examples of "here's how to force a hyphen into lyrics
when lily doesn't want to do it".

Cheers,
Wol