Re: user manual

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: user manual
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 16:25:01 -0500

On 7/6/06, Juergen Reuter <address@hidden> wrote:
On Thu, 6 Jul 2006, Mark Van den Borre wrote:

> Graham,
>
> "General improvements to "working on lilypond files", focusing on
> teaching users how to write files that are easier to update.  Not that
> it will do any good, since nobody reads the manual anyway."
>
> I was not aware that you underestimate the relevance of your work so
> much. It is a splendid piece of work and very important to the
> Lilypond user experience.

100% agreed!  At least, I *do* read now and then in the manual, and it's
now _extremely_ better than, say, 2 or 3 years ago!

Yeah, IMHO, the architecture of (and the quality of writing in) the
manual is one of the real strengths of our project.

I'm just crossing over the 1-year point using lilypond and I still
read and reread the manual all the time; our docs are a key resource.

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden