user manual

From: Mark Van den Borre
Subject: user manual
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:39:58 +0200

Graham,

"General improvements to "working on lilypond files", focusing on
teaching users how to write files that are easier to update.  Not that
it will do any good, since nobody reads the manual anyway."

I was not aware that you underestimate the relevance of your work so
much. It is a splendid piece of work and very important to the
Lilypond user experience.

* As a classical guitarist and a contributor to Mutopia, I use the
Lilypond user manual quite often. I really appreciate your
documentation work  and how it has made Lilypond easier to use.

* I was only able to convert two colleagues of mine to Lilypond
because of the excellent user manual. They both printed it in its
entirety. While that might not be so very good for the trees, it does
help them... a LOT.

Thank you very much for your Lilypond documentation work!

Mark
--
Mark Van den Borre
Noormannenstraat 113