RE: Problem with \partial

From: Anthony Youngman
Subject: RE: Problem with \partial
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:33:07 +0100

Will \makebar handle

        \makebar { d4 d \bar "||" d d }

which is a SINGLE bar?

Cheers,
Wol

-----Original Message-----
From:
address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden
u.org] On Behalf Of Erik Sandberg
Sent: 07 July 2006 16:49
To: address@hidden
Cc: Juergen Reuter

IMHO, I think the best practise for creating a single bar with length,
is to
use
\set Timing.barLength = #(make-moment ...)
at the beginning of the bar, plus a corresponding \unset after the bar.
The
set/unset is of course cumbersome, which is why some people currently
prefer
the \partial hack to seemingly achieve the same thing. This is in turn
is why
I suggest that we add a new command. (when thinking about it, I like
best the
\makeBar {d4 d d d d} syntax)

--
Erik

* ************************************************************************ *

This transmission is intended for the named recipient only. It may contain
private and confidential information. If this has come to you in error you must
not act on anything disclosed in it, nor must you copy it, modify it,
disseminate it in any way, or show it to anyone. Please e-mail the sender to
inform us of the transmission error or telephone ECA International immediately
and delete the e-mail from your information system.

Telephone numbers for ECA International offices are: Sydney +61 (0)2 8272 5300,
Hong Kong + 852 2121 2388, London +44 (0)20 7351 5000 and New York +1 212 582
2333.