Re: Problem with \partial

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: Problem with \partial
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:01:38 -0700

Graham Percival wrote:
Erik Sandberg wrote:
On 7/9/06, Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
Erik Sandberg wrote:
In an ideal world we wouldn't need workarounds like this, but it's
useful to have a "fudge factor" \partial.  Perhaps we could rename it,
and hide it somewhere in the manual under "advanced tweaks"?  :)

There is already a property that can be set (Timing.measurePosition
IIRC) which is what \partial modifies.

Whoops, I should have realized this. OK, I'm happy -- ugly hacks are still possible, but \upbeat is a better term for real uses of \partial. :)
I like \partial as it is. In my experience upbeat is the second half of a beat where downbeat is the first half of a beat. If it needs to be changed "pickup(s)" at least means what you seem to be referring to.

Paul Scott