Re: Problem with \partial

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Problem with \partial
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 14:25:09 -0700

Erik Sandberg wrote:
Anacrusis seems to be another related word:
http://www.music.vt.edu/MUSICDICTIONARY/texta/Anacrusis.html
A quick googling suggests that anacrusis and pickup seem to be the most correct terms, and then pickup is better because I have never heard the word anacrusis. (unfortunately I'm not good at English musical terms; I only know that the correct term in Swedish is 'upptakt'.)

The first time I encountered the word "anacrusis" was in a university music theory class, after 20 years of string playing. "pickup" is the common term here (Canada, and I'm pretty certain in the US as well).