Re: Updating translators

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Updating translators
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 23:19:37 +0200

On Monday 10 July 2006 13:42, Erik Sandberg wrote:

> > > so do you also think that all stream-event classes should be named
> > > like 'arpeggio-event' rather than 'ArpeggioEvent'?
> > >
> > > Regarding bla_bla for classes, it makes me nervous about namespace
> > > clashes. Why not use Foo_bar::bla_bla_event?
> >
> > maybe
> >
> >    Foo_bar::listen_bla_bla
>
> ok, fair enough.

Attached is an updated version. Notes:
- The Scheme symbol for arpeggio events is arpeggio-event. This naming
convention is different from previous event classes. We can make it more
consistent later, when we have agreed on good naming conventions.
- The code that converts music name to event-class
(ArpeggioEvent->arpeggio-event) is unclean and too C-ish. I'll fix that when
the translator cleanup is finished and a better music->event conversion
interface will be designed.

--
Erik