Re: Updating translators

From: Erik Sandberg
Subject: Re: Updating translators
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 19:55:41 +0200

On Wednesday 12 July 2006 13:59, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> Erik Sandberg schreef:
> > On Monday 10 July 2006 13:42, Erik Sandberg wrote:
> >> On 7/10/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
> > +/*
> > +  Implement the method cl::listen_##m, and make it listen to stream
> > +  events of class m.
> > + */
> > +#define IMPLEMENT_TRANSLATOR_LISTENER(cl, m)               \
> > +static class cl ## _ ## m ## _init                 \
> > +{                                                  \
> > +public:                                                    \
> > +  cl ## _ ## m ## _init ()                         \
> > +  {                                                        \
> > +    cl::_internal_declare_ ## m ();                        \
> > +  }                                                        \
> > +} cl ## _ ## m ## _dummy;                          \
>
> why don't you use ADD_SCM_INIT_FUNCTION ?

Good idea. I've written an update, which is attached (only translator* has
changed since yesterday AFAIK). It cleans up stuff a bit more as well; some
code has been moved from the IMPLEMENT_TRANSLATOR_LISTENER macro to a
function in translator.cc.

May I commit if make web succeeds?

Plan for the next steps:
I'll take a bunch of engravers at a time, and convert them. I'll probably
proceed alphabetically or something, and perhaps send one patch for every 10
translators or so (65 translators are affected). Patches will be very
independent, so the job is very parallellizable.

--
Erik