List-culture [was] No Bug nor Feature?

From: Donald Axel
Subject: List-culture [was] No Bug nor Feature?
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 01:51:03 +0200

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:26:33 +0200
Marco Gusy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Alle 00:11, mercoledì 26 luglio 2006, Donald Axel ha scritto:
> > Don't be annoyed, you can get your money back if you want;-)
>
> Of course you didn't get the point and don't want to. I only said I think the
> program may lead to unwanted results.
> I'm not annoyed by Lilypond, i'm only annoyed by answers like "read the
> manual" or "don't use lilypond" when I warily report a bug. Bug reporting is
> a way to contribute to the project, too.

I am sorry if I did not get the point. What I try to tell you is that
working with list mail may be time consuming for developers and
sentences like "Anyway the problem is still more annoying," may better
be stated as:

   "Anyway it looks inappropriate to me that [...]"

   I hope you get the point: friendly and positive mail-tone is
essential for a mail-list cooperation. Do not assume that I
do not want to understand your point. And excuse me if I am wrong,
after all I (or others) could be helped to understand what you mean.
Also excuse me if this is not the best way to help reaching a
friendly atmosphere on this mail-list; I am trying as hard
as I can but I may fail.

   I think your example on how weird accidental rules seem in
some places is very good. Accidentals may seem odd even if it is the
correct way these accidentals are placed.

   I do not think that the developers should change
the accidental-rules.
--
http://d-axel.dk/ -- Donald Axel, Consultant -- address@hidden