Re: Documentation addition: instrument names for PianoStaff, GrandStaff,

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Documentation addition: instrument names for PianoStaff, GrandStaff, etc.
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 12:54:24 -0700

Marcus Macauley wrote:
I couldn't figure out how to add an instrument name to a GrandStaff, much less to a ChoirStaff or a StaffGroup. Kieren MacMillan (on lilypond-user) pointed me in the right direction, but the documentation could be updated to make this more obvious. So here is my suggestion for how to do it.

Thanks!  I've added info to this effect, somewhat modified.

If you think it's appropriate, you could also mention, and perhaps link to, the "Tips and Tricks" file which demonstrates this for GrandStaff:

The whole architecture for "tips and tricks" will be changing soon, so I'd rather not add such info.

Thanks,