Re: documentation translation

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: documentation translation
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 18:36:44 +0100

John Mandereau escreveu:
Jan and I have been working very hard over the last days to give our build infrastructuer an update. It should be possible, in the short run, to have an almost-single-button-push method of compiling the documentation

By "build infrastructure", do you mean the git repository? Do you plan

No, I mean GUB the build system where we build all the binaries.
The new changes (including GIT support) mean that it's possible to build and test your own versions of lilypond locally, i.e. without pushing changes through savannah.gnu.org.

Also, with DVC, it should be much easier to transport changes to and from stable and devel branches of the code.

to replace cvs with git for the main (read/write) repository on
savannah.gnu.org?

Yes, that is the plan, but it might take some weeks before that is done.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com