Re: git patch

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: Re: git patch
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 22:49:39 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006, John Mandereau wrote:

> I can easily do all common operations (including push), except that I
> don't know what should be the best way to merge branches in order to
> push them to git.sv.gnu.org (but Erik will certainly tell us in his
> tutorial ;-)

Suppose you have set up a shortcut for git.sv.gnu.org like this (in the
lilypond working directory):

$ git repo-config remote.gnu.url git://git.sv.gnu.org/lilypond.git

you can merge the master easily with

$ git pull gnu master

which means that you pull (=fetch & merge) the branch "master" from the
remote "gnu".

BTW what were the most difficult things for you to learn about git, and
what things would you like to have explained?

Ciao,
Dscho