Re: git patch

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: git patch
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 12:27:18 +0100

Johannes Schindelin escreveu:
>> shows the diff of the change that he just introduced
>
> Okay. But you mean
>
> $ git commit --dry file1 file2...
>
> or
>
> $ git commit --dry -a

Well, --dry would be usable both with -a and file1, file2.

I agree with Jakub that --diff might be a better name, but it should
be part of git-commit command, rather than the git-diff.

> Or, you use the script git-hunk-commit.bash which I posted. Which reminds
> me: I wanted to rewrite it for you so it is more non-brand-new-bash
> friendly.

:)

that's really nice, but actually recording separate hunks is a bit of
a headache if you have to do it over the command line. Under darcs, I
always use darcsum in emacs. In git, I always use git-status.