About the possibility of including automatic transcription into lilypond

From: Gabriel Simões G . da Silva
Subject: About the possibility of including automatic transcription into lilypond
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 00:44:27 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

My name is Gabriel Simões and right now I'm starting my master degree in
electrical engineering, specializing in dsp and audio dsp.
As my bachelor final task, I've developed a software for automatic
transcription of monophonic melodies in digital signals, wich would be
transcribed straight to "digital partitures".
This project showed me that this kind of transcription has more details to pay
attention than simples automatic transcription of monophonic melodies
approaches. In the end I came up with some ideas and summed them with others
from the articles I've read and developed a system that "tries" (there are no
systems in this area that work perfectly) to transcribe digitalizes monophonic
melodies to pariture using lilypond to draw the final product (it works better
than I expected indeed).
Well, now I have to do my master's thesis and I'd like to keep working in this
area since I know I can make it work much better, with a better tax of
rightness.
I think a tool like this could help users into transcribing digital audio,
since most of the work is right and it would be easier to the user to correct
what is wrong than to do it from scratch.
I'd like to know if the lilypond community have interest in this project, and
if yes, what should I consider ? including this into lilypond source or
developing a 3rd party tool?
I've contacted pedro kronger once but lost his contact so, I'd like to hear
your opinions.
Thanks for reading the whole text.
Gabriel Simões.