Re: German translation of the manual

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: German translation of the manual
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 18:31:37 +0100

Le vendredi 23 mars 2007 à 19:00 +0200, Till Rettig a écrit :
> John Mandereau wrote:
> > Le jeudi 22 mars 2007 à 19:25 +0200, Till Rettig a écrit :
> >

> > I suppose that by committing to master, you mean commmitting to your
> > local master branch, as you don't have push access to git.
> yes, I meant that one
> >  You can go
> > on working on master (or mymaster, or whatever your branch is called)
> > locally, but from now you should pull from the branch named
> > lilypond/translation (instead of master) on git.sv.gnu.org.  If this is
> > not clear to you, tell me how are named the branches on your Git
> > repository, I'll tell you which exact command to use for pulling.
> >
> The last part of my pulling command is master:master. I suppose I will
> just have to change it to lilypond/translation:master
> Is that right?

Better change it to lilypond/translation:lilypond/translation, so you
will more easily pull master later when you need to.  Moreover,
lilypond/translation:master may not work if your 'master' is not a
parent of git.sv.gnu.org lilypond/translation.  Anyway,
lilypond/translation will be merged into your working branch (mymaster
or something like).

> > > Another question concerns the translation itself: You didn't mention
> > > @cindex commands.
> > >

> > AFAICS it's mentioned in Documentation/TRANSLATION.
> >
> Ok, found that. I see, I have also translated some variables in the
> lilypond-Parts, not only in the examples. I guess I should redo this
> before commiting. I think for now I will concentrate on getting the
> first files ready, I might then trans
> >
> > I suppose that by committing to master, you mean commmitting to your
> > local master branch, as you don't have push access to git.
> yes, I meant that onelate the cindex-entries sometimes later in one
> patch.

This sounds good.

> > I upload every so often a build of lilypond/translation documentation to
> > http://john.mandereau.free.fr/lilypond-doc/Documentation ; you may check
> > how fresh it is at http://john.mandereau.free.fr/lilypond-doc/COMMITTISH
> >
> this looks good, how often will you upload it to master?

You mean merging lilypond/translation into master?  Whenever the
translation is polished, and hopefully a few days before a new release;
currently, there are some typos and/or buglets in both Spanish and
French translations.

Cheers
--
John Mandereau <address@hidden>