Re: For future 2.14 doc discussion -- increasingly realistic musical exa

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: For future 2.14 doc discussion -- increasingly realistic musical examples
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:11:49 -0700

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Graham Percival escreveu:

... hmm, I might see a use for that.  We could have one really fancy
example, *without* input code, in the "root" node of each section.

I concur with this. Some 'real' examples also help give users an idea what
some features (eg. fatText) could be used for.
Ok, let's test this out. I'm willing to allocate up to four staffs-systems for sexy examples. (ie 4 one-staff systems, 2 two-staff systems) If necessary I suppose we could make these examples smaller to allow more space... but let's go with these limits for now. Basically, the examples are going above the menu for each section, but I'd still like to see the top of the menu when I look at each section in the html.

Trevor, could you come up with an example(s) for Text? You could either make the Debussy example longer, or have the Debussy and some other stuff, or whatever. Remember that line lengths in the manual are shorter than normal line lenghts.