Re: For future 2.14 doc discussion -- increasingly realistic musical exa

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: For future 2.14 doc discussion -- increasingly realistic musical examples
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2007 15:15:17 +0200

2007/8/31, Trevor Bača <address@hidden>:
> In fact, glancing at the manual sections now, it looks like chapter 8
> is as good a place to start as any. I'll take a stab at 8.1.1 through
> 8.1.11 tomorrow, probably skipping over 8.1.7 ...

Hi Trevor, hi everybody,

I've just seen the examples in 8.4.1 and I'm thinking about two
excellent examples for polymetric notation (not very contemporary
though):
-Mozart's Don Giovanni (the Act 1 Finale, when there are three
instrument groups on stage, each one playing a different Minuetto with
different time signatures...), to replace the second example;
-Chopin's posthumous C-sharp minor Nocturne for piano, where the right
hand is in 3/4 and the left hand in 4/4 (but the barlines are
synchronized), to replace the third example.

Both are *very* simple and short examples (and very beautiful music too).
How about that?

Valentin