Re: Tags in LSR

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Tags in LSR
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 03:39:18 -0700

Valentin Villenave wrote:
2007/9/7, Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
 While Sebastiano is adding tags, is there anything special he
should do about tags?

The whole point is: snippets have to accept as many tags as we want.
We should be able to use existing tags (maybe in a menu just like the
Directories menu we already have) as well as creating new tags when
needed.
Do you want user-created tags? I thought your job would be easier if there was a set number of tags that only you could modify.

Plus, the LSR home page could contain linked tags, not as a
(fashionable, buzzword-compliant but useless) "tag cloud" but rather
organized in Directories... in addition to the serach box, which is
absolutely mandatory.
We already have this in our offline docs; are you sure it's worth adding this to the front page of LSR? People could simply search for tags.

 in the lilypond
html docs to do tag-searching stuff for offline doc browsing: do you
have any requests for Sebastiano?

This would be great. IIRC, the LSR already contains stuff like that:
http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Manual
Please note the word "offline" in the double-quoted sentence. (perhaps it would be more understandable if I called it "la ligne du off" ? -- private joke :)

Oh, I should mention that there's been some bugs with the search
function (the wrong images, the wrong snippets tend to appear).
I'm sure that you could produce a more detailed bug report for Sebastiano. (remember what we were just discussing about "the docs suck" comments?)