Re: Musicxml2ly and convert-ly localization

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Musicxml2ly and convert-ly localization
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 17:30:10 +0100

Am Montag, 4. Februar 2008 schrieb John Mandereau:
> Hi,
>
> As I'm responsible for LilyPond translations, I'd like to mark more
> message strings to be translated, especially in musicxml2ly and
> convert-ly.
>
> Reinhold, are Musixml2ly messages stable enough so they can be marked
> for translation?

I don't think they'll rapidly change.
However, I have never really bothered about i18n-able messages, so some
error/warning messages might currently not really suited for translation...
Also, some messages are not really userfriendly (i.e. hard to understand...).

So, in short, I don't think that most of the messages will change in the near
future, but feel free to improve the messages to make them more targeted at
end users (rather than simply describing a technical problem).

Another thing: The musicxml2ly
(http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/Documentation/user/lilypond-program/Invoking-musicxml2ly.html#Invoking-musicxml2ly)

web page describes only a subset of options available with musicxml2ly. The
current set of options is:

Usage: musicxml2ly [options] FILE.xml

Convert MusicXML to LilyPond input.

       --version        show program's version number and exit
   -h, --help           show this help message and exit
   -v, --verbose        be verbose
       --lxml           Use lxml.etree; uses less memory and cpu time.
   -z, --compressed     Input file is a zip-compressed MusicXML file.
   -r, --relative       Convert pitches in relative mode.
   -l, --language=None  Use a different language file, e.g. 'deutsch' for
                        deutsch.ly.
       --no-articulation-directions --nd
                        Do not convert directions (^, _ or -) for
                        articulations.
   -o, --output=FILE    set output filename to FILE

Bugs:
Report bugs via
http://post.gmane.org/post.php?group=gmane.comp.gnu.lilypond.bugs

Cheers,