Re: Tuplet on single-note tremolo

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: Tuplet on single-note tremolo
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:21:34 +0100

Am Montag, 25. Februar 2008 schrieben Sie:
> I print tuplet brackets over one-note tuplets relatively frequently in my
> own scores. Can we make sure that printing tuplet brackets over one-note
> tuplets remains an option for composers wanting to use it?

What do you mean by "remains an option"? Lilypond has hardcoded code that will
never print such brackets and also no tuplet numbers on single-note tuplets,
unless tupletFullLength or tupletFullLengthNote is set to #t. The behaviour
in these cases has not changed.

As an example, I tried the snippet from the regression tests and added some
more tuplets. The third tuplet is with tupletFullLengthNote und
tupletFullLength set to #f, so in 2.10 no tuplet number was printed. With the
patch applied, the behavior for brackets is exactly the same: They are
printed. The only difference is that the tuplet number is also printed when
tupletFullLengthNote=#f and tupletFullLength=#f. Is this what you mean?

Test code (output from lilypond with the patch applied is attached):

\new RhythmicStaff {
  \set tupletFullLength = ##t
  \time 4/4
  \times 4/5 {
    c'1*5/4
  }
  \set tupletFullLengthNote = ##t
  \time 2/4
  \times 2/3 {
    c2.
  }
  \time 3/4
  \set tupletFullLengthNote = ##f
  \set tupletFullLength = ##f
  \times 2/3 {c'4.} \times 2/3 { c'4. c'4. }
}

Cheers,
Reinhold