Re: Infinite loop with GCC 4.3

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Infinite loop with GCC 4.3
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 13:41:47 +0200

On 2008/05/23, Joe Neeman wrote:
> Does re-building without optimisations help?

Yes, it does!  Building with GCC 4.3.0 and without -O2 flag makes
LilyPond produce the same output [*] as with GCC 4.1.2 with
optimisations, but it is also (not very surpisingly) much slower, so
I'll go on building Lily with GCC 4.1.2, unless Fedora 9 provides an
upgrade to a newer and fixed version.

[*] I didn't check with output-distance, but the output looks visually
exactly the same.

FWIW I attached cropped PNGs from input/out-www, made with LilyPond
compiled with GCC 4.3.0, -O2 flag and my patch to skyline.cc -- "Les
néréides" looks even worse, but the PNG is a bit too large.

Cheers,
John