Re: Bugtracker cleanup/update

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Bugtracker cleanup/update
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 12:02:58 +0200

2008/5/28 Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>:
> Hi Valentin,

Hi,

> However, to be sure that there are no gaping bugs left, we should go
> over the bugtracker before 2.12 is released.

I have processed all non-Accepted issues, and all Accepted issues
older than a year. I have also verified recently fixed issues (except
#334, which I can't find in the git log).

> * there are several bugs left with status New.  They should be
> verified or discarded. - can you look into this?

Oh yes; while I always check the bug list, I often miss issues that
people add directly.

> * we have about 200 open bugs, of which 100 are defects. Some of them
> have not been touched for ages, and refer to 2.10 versions. Some have
> been waiting for feedback from the reporter for ages.

Some have been reported for version 2.2, and are still valid today :-(

> Can you look into this too?  It might be useful to sollicit some help.
>  Perhaps you can start a GBTP (Grand Bug Triage Project) to distribute
> this work.

Well, I have spent a few hours running my own LBTP, and things are not
as messy as I was afraid they would be. I've had suprisingly few
issues to close; I commented the ones I reproduced with the latest
pre-2.12 version to make it clear that these were still active. This
will output quite a bunch of mails to bug-lilypond, but consider it as
a tracker's face-lift :-)

Cheers,
Valentin