index.html.in

From: Graham Percival
Subject: index.html.in
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 22:40:10 -0700

Somebody should redo the index.html.in page.  (the main doc page)

- do we list pdfs on this page itself, or on a separate page?  (my
  opinion is for a separate page; we want to encourage users to
download all pdfs, so that they get the nice cross-references)

- is everything linked to?  I like having a separate page for
  developers; the main page should only deal with user doc stuff,
to avoid confusion.

- whatever else.

If this is taken by John, Neil, or Patrick, I won't answer any
technical questions because they'll be able to find out the
answers faster than me anyway.  If it's taken by somebody else, I
may or may not be able to answer technical questions faster than
them, but I'm stil not going to answer -- if you volunteer for
this, don't count on me helping.

Despite that warning, somebody needs to do this before 2.12.  :)